I love WordPress! Especially since it has so many awesome plugins and widgets to maximise and streamline the marketing power of your blog. Here are some awesome plug-ins to boost your site’s performance:
1. Akismet: Nothing is more annoying for a site owner than weeding out spam comments from legit ones. Akismet does this job for you so all you have to do is trace back where it came from.
2. All in One SEO Pack: Your WordPress powered site becomes SEO optimized, thanks to the All in One SEO pack. Do not be intimidated with the plethora of options because there are easy-to-follow configuration guides and your rankings will shoot upward in no time at all.
3. Google XML Sitemaps: Your WordPress blog will have an XML Sitemap that is compliant to the sitemaps of Google, Yahoo, MSN Search, ASK. com, to name a few. This plugin notifies major search engines about any post creation or updating you have done in your site.
4. ShareThis: This sharing widget makes it easy for your readers to share your content or add it through social bookmarking sites, emails, text message, and AIM. You can keep track of the share events just by customizing your ShareThis WordPress plugin on your site.
5. StatPress Reloaded: Every self-hosted blog should have this plugin because it provides you with real time information about incoming traffic, search keywords, referring URLs, feeds, and everything you need to know about your blog statistics. You spend less time in downloading log files or running reports.
6. WP-DB-Backup: Backing up your core WordPress database tables has never been more effortless thanks to this terrific plugin. You can even have it send your backup to your email automatically.
7. LinkWithin: This plugin does not just link your post to related content from your WordPress blog archive, but also include a thumbnail with an image too.
8. CommentLuv: Give love back to your loyal site visitors by having this plugin place a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment.
9. WP FollowMe: If you want to add a twitter “Follow me” badge on your WordPress blog, this plugin is for you.
10. Advertising Manager: It is responsible for managing and rotating your Google Adsense and other ads on your WordPress blog. This plugin is familiar with a wide range of ad networks.
11. Viper’s Video Quicktags: If you want to save the trouble of having a video embed from your favorite source site into your blog post, get this plugin.
12. WP Super Cache: This plugin is what you need to generate simple versions of blog pages that go directly to the web server. There is simply no need to process correspondingly more complicated PHP scripts.
Kristina Mills is a highly regarded direct response copywriter, marketing strategist, entrepreneur and success strategist having worked with and produced great results for some of Australia's most inspirational entrepreneurs, speakers, event companies, professional services firms, property companies, and internet entrepreneurs. She is the author of Invisible Genius Vol1 and 2, Freelance Copywriting Fast Track Course, Direct Mail Mastery, Web Copy Mastery, Invisible Genius Vol.1 and 2, Mortgage Broker Letters that Sell, Real Estate Letters that Sell, How to Create a Sales Explosion With Every Ad and Letter Your Write. To find out more about how Kristina can help you live your potential, arrange a free 15 minute phone chat.